Initially constructed in 1851, this former dwelling at 14 Oxford Terrace has historical associations with Dr. Benjamin Moorhouse and the printing firm, Pegasus Press.
Merchants Joseph Longden and Henry LeCren purchased the site in 1851 and built a single storey pre-fabricated house prior to selling the property in 1852.
In the following year, the house was purchased by Dr Burrell Parkeson, the Surgeon General of Christchurch Hospital. In 1857, Parkeson sold the house to Dr Fisher who served as a coroner and surgeon. It was during the ownership of Fisher that the Canterbury Medical Association held its first meeting on the property in 1865. In 1866 the house was purchased by Dr J. W .S. Coward.
The second storey addition to the rear of the original building was erected in 1869 during its ownership by Coward. The architect who oversaw this addition was William Fitzjohn Crisp. Crisp added a hipped roof porch and acorn bracketed soffits which gave the building a Gothic Revival appearance.
In 1886 Dr Benjamin Moorhouse leased the property before purchasing it in 1903. In 1908 it was purchased by the Barrett family and it remained a residence until 1952 when it became Pegasus Press. The publishing firm added a printery to the rear of the building in 1966. Pegasus Press remained in occupancy until 1987. After being relocated westwards, the building was restored and extended to double the size of the 1869 wing. This work was carried out by Don Donnithorne. Following this restoration the building opened as the Pegasus Arms bar.