Seddon Street substation
The substation on the corner of Miller Street and Seddon Street was built in 1928.
Tenders for the substation, to be constructed on the corner of Seddon Street and Millar Street, were advertised in June 1928. Built from brick and concrete, the substation features a pitched roof of asbestos cement tiles. The façade, created from plain and moulded brick and concrete, is designed in a classical architectural style. These classical elements are seen in the broken pediment with a central oculus ventilation window, denticulated cornices, blind arcades and Gibbs surround, and a heavy panelled cedar door.