Showing 1 - 24 of 1121 results

Computer exhibition at UC student union building

Mr Gilbert, the South Island customer engineering manager with IBM, checks a computer terminal at an exhibition in the student union building, Ilam. The exhibition is part of a conference of the New...

Date 1974-08-21
Format Photograph
Resource Type Image
Collection 1974 Christchurch Star photographs

Grove Street bakehouse

Exterior of the former bakehouse on Grove Street, Rangiora.

Date 1974-05-11
Format Photograph
Resource Type Image
Collection 1974 Christchurch Star photographs

Grove Street bakehouse interior

Interior of the former bakehouse on Grove Street, Rangiora.

Date 1974-05-11
Format Photograph
Resource Type Image
Collection 1974 Christchurch Star photographs

West Spreydon School fire

William Marks, a resident who lives opposite the school, examines the burnt remains of a classroom at West Spreydon School at 147 Lyttelton Street in Spreydon.

Date 1974-12-28
Format Photograph
Resource Type Image
Collection 1974 Christchurch Star photographs

Fire at 226-228 Tuam Street

Firefighters attending a fire at 226-228 Tuam Street which contains the businesses of Fashions Limited and Kutwell Garments Limited.

Date 1974-08-05
Format Photograph
Resource Type Image
Collection 1974 Christchurch Star photographs

Fire at McPhail Motor Parts workshop

Firefighters examine the burnt remains of McPhail Motor Parts workshop at 25 Eaton Place.

Date 1974-07-12
Format Photograph
Resource Type Image
Collection 1974 Christchurch Star photographs

Fire at Lane Walker Rudkin

Firefighters attending a fire at the Lane Walker Rudkin nylon spinning factory on Brougham Street in Sydenham.

Date 1974-06-08
Format Photograph
Resource Type Image
Collection 1974 Christchurch Star photographs

Fire at Lomak Furniture Co Limited

Firefighters at the burnt remains of the polishing department, office and storage rooms at Lomak Furniture Co Limited on Henry Street, Waltham.

Date 1974-01-14
Format Photograph
Resource Type Image
Collection 1974 Christchurch Star photographs

Fatal explosion at Verkerks

Fire prevention officer, J. F. Hegarty inspecting the fire damage following a fatal explosion at Verkerks Butchery at 196 Armagh Street.

Date 1974-09-12
Format Photograph
Resource Type Image
Collection 1974 Christchurch Star photographs

Verkerks employees cleaning up

Employees of Verkerks Butchery, Stephen Katsaras (left), Andrew Edwards and Vincent Tikao, clean up after a fatal explosion at their site at 196 Armagh Street.

Date 1974-09-12
Format Photograph
Resource Type Image
Collection 1974 Christchurch Star photographs

Verkerks explosion

Firefighters attending to an explosion at Verkerks Butchers at 196 Armagh Street on the corner with Manchester Street.

Date 1974-09-14
Format Photograph
Resource Type Image
Collection 1974 Christchurch Star photographs

Councillor Stillwell with Ashgrove Terrace gas pipe

City councillor, R. H. Stillwell, with a gas pipe that crosses the Heathcote River by Ashgrove Terrace in the Cashmere area. Residents in the area are complaining about the pipe.

Date 1974-08-06
Format Photograph
Resource Type Image
Collection 1974 Christchurch Star photographs

Training with breathing apparatus

Firefighters training with breathing apparatus ahead of a training exercise in the storm water drains in Barbour Street, Woolston.

Date 1974-11-07
Format Photograph
Resource Type Image
Collection 1974 Christchurch Star photographs

Victim carrying method demonstration

Firefighters demonstrating the face to face carrying method at a training exercise at the Central Fire Station at 200 Kilmore Street.

Date 1974-03-30
Format Photograph
Resource Type Image
Collection 1974 Christchurch Star photographs

Victoria Square from Colombo Street

View of Victoria Square, taken from the roof of a building on Colombo Street looking towards Victoria Street and Christchurch Town Hall.

Format Photograph
Resource Type Image
Collection 1974 Christchurch Star photographs

David Biggs of the Consumers' Institute

Mr David Biggs of the Consumers' Institute, at 482 Tuam Street, with a face cloth which became ragged after 200 cycles in one washing machine.

Date 1974-07-29
Format Photograph
Resource Type Image
Collection 1974 Christchurch Star photographs